Zinc oxide (ZnO) nanopowders are available as powders and dispersions. These nanoparticles exhibit antibacterial, anti-corrosive, antifungal and UV filtering properties. Zinc is a Block D, Period 4 element while Oxygen is a Block P, Period 2 element. Some of the synonyms of zinc oxide nanoparticles are oxydatum, zinci oxicum, permanent white, ketozinc and oxozinc.
- Some of the applications of zinc oxide nanoparticles are given below.
- Zinc oxide is used in the manufacture of rubber and cigarettes (used as a filter).
- Popularly known calamine lotion is made out of zinc oxide powder. It is also used in a host of other creams and ointments that are used to treat skin diseases.
- As an additive in the manufacture of concrete.
- Ceramic industry has a number of uses for zinc oxide powder.
- It is also used as an additive in food products such as breakfast cereals.
- Various paints use zinc oxide as a coating agent.
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET